Monday, March 9, 2009

February 23, 2009 - Police Officers Association and My Reports

I met tonight with the Columbia Police Officers Association (CPOA). This meeting really allowed for me to firm up my impressions from an earlier visit with Interim Chief Tom Dresner. These folks need our help on Council.

They are battling increasingly better prepared criminals and are: Using a lot of outdated technology, working in cramped, inefficient quarters and in need of more funding and help with pay equalization.

I found this group, much like the firefighters, put in a lot of work and research and dedication in attempts to make their work environment a safer and more productive place.

I am fully supportive of working toward addressing all of those issues. They have watched over the years as more fire houses are built, the city approved a new addition/renovation to the City Hall complex and our parks and recreation departments appear to be flourishing.

It is time to put the focus back on the thing most folks take for granted. Safety.

REPORTS - Holy cow! I have just completed my first campaign financial reports . The State of Missouri watches closely and has a series of deadlines within which I must submit paperwork for expenditures, donations, loans etc. It was a little tricky, but after a couple calls to the Missouri Ethics Commission, I felt like I'd done enough to keep myself out of jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment