Saturday, March 21, 2009

Muleskinners / Doorknocking

MULESKINNERS - Developing a platform
Met for a candidate forum at the Muleskinners Friday lunch. I feel like I'm finally getting more comfortable with the format and I've managed to put some time into my platform to actually have sound reasoning and methodology to my ideas. Over the past couple forums (The League of Women Voters and Muleskinners), I have presented a few of those ideas and feel like they have been well-received.

My opponent actually mirrors my wants for the city in a couple ways, but I feel like the real difference between us is that I have actually given serious thought to ways to put plans into action. Good intentions can only get you so far. Eventually we will have to present ideas to the council that have some backbone and a legitimate chance of working. I have many ideas and feel like they can make a difference, but I'm also realistic in those thoughts, knowing that I must be able to gain the support of fellow council members in order to make things happen. That support will come when a good idea is followed up by a well-thought out plan on how to achieve the goal.


DOORKNOCKING
Managed to make it through the day without rain, which allowed me to meet more folks while door-knocking again today. I must say this is an interesting way to meet people. Catching them in the middle of lunch or a nap isn't exaclty the best way to make an impression I know, but it's virtually impossible to pick a time to avoid this. Most folks are really nice and seem to respect the commitment to running for council. I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment