Monday, March 9, 2009

March 5, 2009 - The Flu, Door Cards are in

Well, I battled the flu this entire week. In fact, only an hour or so before the Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum, I called to say I couldn't make it. I somehow pulled myself together enough to make a showing. I was pretty flat and I'm sure it appeared as though I'd just seen a ghost. Either way, I made it though and came out reasonably satisfied with the results given an hour earlier I had been in bed praying for my fever to go away.

All four candidates were there (two each for Wards 2 and 6).

As a small business owner, one can surmise that I am in favor of things that can assist a local business owner in succeeding. I truly feel that my life experiences combined with my business degree, day-to-day ability to oversee employees and juggle the responsibilities of my own job have provided me with the skillset necessary to become a key element on the City Council.

My ability to listen and analyze situations before making a rushed decision has benefitted me well both as a REALTOR and owner. I think it will be a critical component of my membership on the council.

DOOR CARDS
I picked up the door cards I'll be handing out as I walk through second ward neighborhoods. It turned out great with the expert assistance I received from Michael Richards. Presenting an effective message and putting it all together in a layout that makes it easy for a reader to make their way through the card is definitely an art. Thank you again Michael for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment